Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Getting my hands dirty

The morning came and went in the office. Getting e-mails, sending e-mails, connecting with people and getting some of the small details like, you know. . . housing. . . taken care of.

After lunch was the event that I have been waiting all winter for. It was my first opportunity to get my hands good and dirty.

I spent the afternoon over at Rippling Waters Organic Farm working with Julee in the greenhouses. We spent the afternoon transplanting organic cauliflower and cabbage starts into larger cells. The crew at Rippling Waters has very graciously agreed to get us off the ground by providing us with a very healthy number of starts. After giving some root systems a little more room to stretch out we looked over Pearson's Town seedling list. We shared thoughts, made some variety changes, laughed a little. It is a beautiful day out, and was he perfect way to end the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment